Chef - Joe Mercer Nairne
Producer - Quickes Farm
Ark of Taste Product - Whey Butter
Joe baked these loafs for his kitchen brigade's breakfast and they went down a storm! Breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, these tasty Brioche offerings would be a delightful treat any time of the day!
– In a kitchen aid bowl measure out yeast, flour, sugar and salt. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
– Dice the cold whey butter.
– Attach the kitchen aid bowl, pour in the eggs and start the mixer. Once combined start feeding in the cold diced butter.
– Once all the butter is incorporated keep mixing at high speed until you have a strong elastic dough. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
– Line 8 individual brioche moulds. Cut the dough into 16 equal pieces. Place one piece of dough in the bottom of each mould then lay a slice of pancetta on top. Place a second piece of dough over the pancetta. Allow to proof for one hour or until the dough is bulging over the top of the mould.
– Preheat the oven to 175°C.
– Glaze with egg yolk and place in the oven for 12 minutes until golden brown.
– Turn out onto a wire rack and cool.