Chef - Madalene Bonvini-Hamel and Ross Pike
Ark of Taste Product - Stichelton
Producer - Stichelton Dairy
Madaelene and Ross hit the spot with this perfect autumnal dish, using the comforting combination of cauliflower and cheese.
– In a large saucepan over low heat sweat the cauliflower in the butter and seasoning for about 8 – 10 minutes, cover the pan with a lid and stir to prevent it from colouring.
– Once softened and just beginning to colour add the wine. Increase the heat to medium and simmer for further 8 minutes. Add the stock, cover the pan with a lid and simmer over medium heat for further 15 minutes.
– Remove the lid and add the cream and Stichelton cheese. Bring the soup back to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
– Blend the soup until smooth, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
– Pour the hot soup into warm bowls or cups and garnish with the crumbled Stichelton and serve immediately with crusty bread and butter.