Chef - Craig McKend
Ark of Taste Product - Shetland Kye
Producer - Ronnie Eunson
Craig has created a dish which would be perfect for a wintery, blustery Shetland day. Melt in the mouth beef with a rich, warming sauce. At the Cumberland Bar, the ribs are served up with some mashed yukon potatoes with a sprinkling of truffle salt and some wonderful, wild pan-fried mushrooms. Now that is a hearty lunch!
– Dice the vegetables into similar sizes.
– In a pan, over a low heat, gently soften the vegetables for around 10 minutes. Add the garlic and the tomato puree and cook for a further 2 minutes.
– Transfer the vegetable mix to a roasting tray.
– In the same pan, turn the heat up to medium-high. Season the ribs before browning in the pan. Once nicely covered add the ribs to the roasting tray.
– Keep the pan on the heat and pour in the coffee. Scrape well to deglaze before adding this too, to the roasting tray.
– Finally add the aromatics (the bouquet garni) and cover the tray tightly with tin foil.
– Place the tray in a preheated oven (150°C) for around 4/5 hours until the meat is just clinging gently to the bone.
– Remove the meat from the tray and leave to rest.
– Sieve the liquid into a clean, heavy based pan. On a high heat, reduce until syrup like. Season to taste.
– Serve with the mashed potatoes and wild mushrooms. Beautiful!