Chef - Marcelin Marc
Ark of Taste Product - Grimsby Smoked Haddock
Producer - The Fishwife
Marcelin's restaurant, Maggiore, is widely considered one of the most romantic places to dine in London. This dish is certainly as pretty as a picture; a delicate, flakey smoked fish served with silky smooth polenta.
– Place all the ingredients into a bowl and beat until smooth. Chill in the fridge for an hour.
– Pour the cream and milk into a pan and gradually bring to the boil.
– Add the polenta and cook for a further five minutes, whisking all the time to ensure there are no lumps.
– Add the cod roe and cook for another two minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside, making sure its kept warm.
Cooking the fish and vegetables
– Put all the vegetables into a pan of salted water and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and put in a bowl with the haddock and olive oil.
– Preheat the oven to 100°C and place the haddock fillet on a tray in the oven for 15 minutes, until the flesh flakes easily.
– Remove from the oven and glaze each haddock fillet with the ricotta & chive mixture. Place under the grill for two minutes.
– To plate spread a thin layer of the smoked polenta in the middle of each plate. Sprinkle the vegetables around the outside of the plate and place the haddock on top of the polenta.