Chef - Gareth Johns
Ark of Taste Product - Badger Faced Welsh Mountain Lamb
Producer - Hebsnbadgers
''A small carcase but with a superb sweet flavour so often lacking in the more 'commercial' breeds. I would suggest that cooking be kept fairly simple to accentuate the tremendously sweet flavour, so I have steered away from heavy spicing and sauces.'' Gareth Johns
– In a frying pan, heat the oil and butter. Add the lamb and brown well on all sides, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
– Lower the heat and cook for a further 5 mins, turning regularly. Remove and keep warm.
– In the same pan, fry the bacon, cut into small dice, until crisp. Add the lentils and stock, and reduce on a medium heat to a sauce consistency.
– Season to taste (the bacon will be quite salty!) and add the parsley.
– Carve the lamb into thick slices.
Serve on mashed potato with the sauce poured over and around. Hyfryd! (lovely!).