Chef - Stefani Smith
Ark of Taste Product - Artisan Somerset Cheddar
Producer - Keen's Cheddar
A fun, autumnal family affair with Stefani's forgotten food dish. Served in a pumkin bowl, the Keen's cheddar has been transformed into a sweet, cheesy and aromatic broth, perfect for those cold, gloomy winter nights.
– Cut off the top to your pumpkin and scoop out the insides and the seeds.
The discarded seeds can be kept – a tasty addition to a salad!
– In the meantime, finely slice your onion and sweat off on a medium heat in the butter. Add 3 cloves of crushed garlic and also the thyme sprigs. Allow to sweat down until transparent and just beginning to go golden.
– Add the pancetta, honey , chicken stock and milk and reduce down for around 3 – 4 minutes until it gets a little thicker.
– Add the onion and garlic liquor into the pumpkin then grate in 80g of chedder, pop the lid on top of the pumpkin and place in the oven at 170°C for 50 minutes.
– When cooked the pumpkin should be soft and the inside liquor should have reduced to a thick consistency with stingy bits of cheese.
– Finish it off by finely chopping some thyme and sprinkling it though the mix, then season with some black pepper and sea salt and serve with a chunky piece of homemade sourdough.
A simple tasty supper!