Chef - Bryan Webb
Ark of Taste Product - Artisan Caerphilly
Producer - Caws Cenarth
A wonderful Welsh partnership between Michelin Starred chef and Welsh cheese producer. Bryan's Glamorgan Sausages are delightfully crisp and surprisingly light mouthfuls, perfect to be served as a canapé or as an accompaniment to starter or main course dishes.
– Remove the crusts from the bread and make into breadcrumbs using a food processor, until fine.
– Grate the cheese into a large mixing bowl, and add the breadcrumbs and all the other ingredients and mix very well.
– Roll into a cylinder shape, depending what you are going to use the sausages for; (i) for canapés roll thinly or (ii) as a starter/main course roll to the thickness of a normal sausage.
– Cut the sausage to the length you require.
– Panne the sausages; place them firstly into the flour, then the beaten egg and finally the homemade breadcrumbs. At each stage make sure you tap off any excess. For best results, repeat the egg and breadcrumb stage.
– Heat some vegetable oil in a deep, heavy pan or a fryer, to around 180°C. Shallow fry or deep fry the sausages until golden brown.
This recipe makes quite a large quantity as the sausages don’t work well in small batches.