Chef: Simon Rogan
Ark of Taste Product - Morecambe Bay Shrimps
Producer: James Baxter & Sons
A plate of food which is a perfect celebration of two food heroes from the north! Simon brings a little kitchen wizardry to his forgotten food dish, elevating humble ingredients to showcase the magnificent Morecambe Bay Shrimps.
For the Bread mousse
– In a food processor, combine milk and toast, until smooth. Pass through a sieve and carefully whisk the butter in.
– Season with salt and pepper place into a siphon cream whipper and charge with 3 chargers. Place in the fridge to chill.
For the lettuce spread
– Place the blanched lettuce in a blender with the soft-boiled egg and blitz. While the motor is still running, gradually pour in the rape seed oil in a slow, steady stream to form a thick emulsion. Season with salt and pepper and chill.
For the mace crumb
– Boil all the ingredients together until crystallization occurs, stirring constantly.
– Pour the crumbs out onto a tray and cool. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread a generous amount of lettuce spread over each plate. Naturally drop 35g of the seasoned peeled shrimps on top of the lettuce spread and carefully squirt some of the bread mousse over the shrimps. Spoon over the mace crumb and finish by scattering over some baby lettuce leaves.