Slow Food Week 2013
From: Saturday, 1 June, 2013
to: Sunday, 9 June, 2013
Celebrate the Slow Food way with us!
6 New Forgotten Foods
Slow Food UK is proud to launch 6 newly saved Forgotten Foods! These are Sea Lavender Honey, Medlar, Goosnargh Cake, Cornish Saffron Cake, Badger Face Welsh Mountain Sheep and British Lop! During Slow Food Week you can buy Goosnargh Cake at Androuet!
Special Slow Food menus
Up and down the UK, Slow Food menus will run throughout the week at:
Corrigan’s Mayfair, 7 Park Place, all 19 Brasserie Blanc restaurants, Clos Maggiore, Murano, Pizarro, the Traddock, Androuet, Old Swan and Minster Mill, the Scottish Cafe & Restaurant and Centotre , the Cumberland Bar and Newman Street Tavern.
Ticketed events (proceeds will be donated to SFUK)
Sunday, 02 June 2013
- The Stars align to celebrate Slow Food: 5 course Forgotten Foods tasting menu hosted by Richard Corrigan with head chef Chris McGowan and Michelin star chefs from the Alliance with Adam Simmonds, Bryan Webb, Colin McGurran and James Sommerin at Corrigan’s Mayfair
Monday, 03 June 2013
- India meets Italy: Atul Kochhar and special guest Giorgio Locatelli from Locanda Locatelli join forces for Slow Food and create a 5 course Forgotten Foods dinner at Benares
Tuesday, 04 June 2013
- New Flavours with Forgotten Foods: Anna Hansen from The Modern Pantry and Stevie Parle will join forces for one night at Dock Kitchen
- Cheese and Wine Supper with John Pratt at the Traddock in Yorkshire
Wednesday, 05 June 2013
- Fishing and Foraging interactive cooking class with Caroline Bennett from Moshi Moshi and Chris Bax from Taste the Wild at the Cookery School at Little Portland Street
Thursday, 06 June 2013
- Wine Tasting ‘Slow Style’ at Vini Italiani with wine expert as guest speaker and Italian delicacies from Grana Padano and Gallucci & Gilmour
Sunday, 09 June 2013
- Meet and Greet 10 top Scottish chefs and Xa Milne from Mara Seaweed at Summerhall in Edinburgh: Neil Forbes, Tom Lewis, Tony Borthwick, Carina Contini, Suzanne O’Connor, Jason Gallagher, Tim Dover, Craig McKend, Finlay Nicol & Graeme Pallister. Come and enjoy a free whisky tasting organised by Highland Park, coffee sponsored by Lavazza and taste some Consorzio cheese from Grana Padano.
Local Slow Food events
- Visit our supporter Scottish Kitchen Garden for a picnic in Edinburgh on Saturday 1st.
- Come along to SF West Scotland’s stall at the Patrick Farmers’ Market in Mansfield Park, Glasgow, on Saturday 8th.
- Enjoy a cookery demonstration on Sunday 9th at the Edwardian Kitchen at Ardkinglas.
North and Midlands
- Join the launch of SF Cumbria’s local group at Kirklinton Hall on Saturday 8th.
- Attend a special weekend Meat Course offered by our supporter Trealy Farm in Monmouth on Saturday/Sunday 1st/2nd.
- ‘Slow’ Walk through the beautiful Ludlow area organised by SF Ludlow.
London and South England
- Join SF Cornwall’s cooking demonstrations with students from Helston Community College at the Farmer’s Market in Helston on Saturday 1st June, using market produce.
- Visit our supporter Vallebona to celebrate the arrival of new ‘slow’ products on Saturday, 8th June.
- Enjoy a tour of the famous Borough Market organised by SF London on Saturday, 8th June (fully booked).
- “Taste Sussex” on June 5th at St Clement’s restaurant in East Sussex. The special four course meal will highlight delicious local ingredients.
To register your local group event, please click here.
Host your own Slow Food celebration